Running out of ideas when the kids are bored with their toys, or just can’t think straight? Here is a list of obvious (and maybe not so obvious) things to do inside at home with a two year old!
- Read a book.
- Build a fort out of chairs and blankets, and read a book.
- Play with Playdough and toy kitchen dishes and utensils.
- Color – use Crayons or WASHABLE markers.
- Hand print art – painting.
- Hand print art – pottery.
- Glue something to something else.
- Get out the activity/craft books.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Turn the water on low in the kitchen sink, provide mild dishwashing soap, a cup and a bowl, and step back…. (have towels ready when interest fades).
- Make cookies – twos like to stir.
- Play with stickers and paper.
- Play with Puzzles.
- Write letters to relatives. Let the child put the stamp on and take it to the mailbox.
- Eat a snack.
- Jump on the bed (if you are allowed).
- Count the coins in the piggy bank.
- And, if nothing else works or you are just really tired…plug in a DVD or stream a movie from Netflix!
We love this Melissa & Doug latches puzzle!
Copyright 2012 Kathryn Depew